Small cars fit almost anywhere when it comes to parking. But when the kids come along, you realize that your car space is not enough for the large car seat, and where to put bags, toys, and diapers? Am I right?
The only solution is that you must be very careful while buying a car seat. It must be following your car room.
Read on to see the pros and cons of different products I mentioned below:
1: Graco SlimFit 3 In 1 Car Seat
Graco has a lot of different car seat products. This one is specially designed slim and comfy that saves space in your back seat.
As the name of the product suggest that it is 3 in 1, it is suggested to use it in rear-facing mode for 5-40lb baby, and in forward-facing mode for 22-65lb. for 40-100lb use it in high back booster mode. Thus it grows with your baby.
Its material is a foam that comforts your little one but at the same time, it has a steel-reinforced frame that gives it extra strength. Its color is Darcie.
2: Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
It is another Graco product and is also rear-facing. It is specially designed to protect your rear-facing child from 5-40 pounds and your forward-facing child from 20-65 pounds.
This is a convertible car seat and is easy to install. Its safety features help to protect your baby in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes.
The harness and headrest height are adjusted together well with one easy motion, no rethreading is required.
3: Cosco Mighty Fit 65 DX Convertible Car Seat
This Cosco product has two modes of use. It can be used in rear-facing mode to accommodate infants and toddlers. But at the same time, it can also be used in the forward-facing mode for kids up to 65 pounds.
Three of these seats can be adjusted side by side in the back seat of most cars.
It can be easily adjusted in a small car in rear-facing mode. Thus it saves space. It is a built-in side impact protection that keeps your child extra secure.
The fabric of the car seat is machine washable and dryer safe.
4: Diono 2019 Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
This car seat is also convertible plus rear-facing. It is easy to adjust 3 of these in the back seat even if you have a small car.
It has an audible click SuperLATCH system makes that makes it easy to install. It is engineered into a dual spine and built with automotive-strength steel that helps to protect your child from all around.
Diono 2019 Radian 3RXT All-in-One Convertible Car Seat has soft fabric covers and energy-absorbing foam.
5: Diono Radian 3RXT, 4-in-1 Convertible Extended Rear and Forward Facing Convertible Car Seat
This is another Diono product that also claims the safety and protection of your baby. It is a convertible car seat.
It has 4 in 1 feature:
- Newborn rear-facing (from 5lb, 2.2kg)
- Rear-facing for longer (up to 50lb, 22.7kg)
- Forward-facing with harness (22-65lb, 10-29.5kg)
- High back booster (40-120lb, 18-54kg)
It is suitable from birth to booster. It is also available in different colors.
It totally depends on you, which type of seat you prefer. For me, convertible car seats are far most worthy because you can use them both in the rear and forward-facing mode depending on your child’s weight. Above mentioned all products are convertible, you can choose one from them.
I will recommend you Graco SlimFit 3 In 1 Car Seat because of its 3 in 1 feature and safety. Its steel frame gives it strength. It can be adjusted in the back seat plus it also saves space.
A car seat is an important element of your baby buying list. Is that not so?
Buying a car seat for a baby, you have to consider many factors like your baby’s age and weight, safety standards, your car capacity, your budget, etc.
I have some important suggestions for you:
- Buy convertible car seat: you can use a convertible car seat in both rear and forward-facing mode depending on your child’s age.
- How much space you have in your car? You should buy that car seat that fits your car best. For that measure your car interior before buying a seat. The above products are for small cars.
- Check the height and weight requirement: Make sure that you are buying the right seat, according to your baby’s age, weight, and height.
- Install seat properly: make sure that seat is installed properly. It must not move while the car is moving. For this read the seat manual carefully.
- Buy cozy seat: buy a cozy seat for your baby but make sure that it is not over padded. It should be according to the comforts of your baby.